Staff (2018/2019 Session)
Mrs R Gordon (PT), Mrs T Shaw, Mrs L Millar, Mrs R Rutter, Ms K Crookston
Biology Handbook 2016-2017 Biology Handbook
Snow Closure Information (click on link to download file)
Biology run study support for all courses National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher, on a weekly basis on the run up to examinations. Students can come along to the Biology department to get help with class work, access resources, to work on problem solving or data skills or to work on revision techniques and practice SQA past papers.
Our main departmental aim is to use teaching methods and resources that allow all pupils to access Biology, to feel valued and to experience success and enjoyment in their learning. In doing so the department hope to achieve the following:
- To maintain and stimulate pupil curiosity and interest in Biology
- To enable pupils to understand the rapidly expanding and varied scope of Biology encouraging a practical approach to problem solving
- To develop a range of personal qualities such as determination, initiative, cooperation and independent learning.
- To allow pupils to develop informed opinions and be able to support them by reasonable arguments.
- To ensure pupils see the relevance of Biology to citizenship in modern society and their everyday lives
Internet and Departmental Resources
Resources – either click the button which will load it into Google Docs or download to your computer (depends on the options you have on your browser) If you wish you can just right click and select ‘save as..’ option to save to your own computer.
Problem Solving Support
Online Revision Resources
BBC Bitesize http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/
Revision in a Nutshell http://www.npfs.org.uk/national-5-revision-in-a-nutshell/
There’s an app for that
Pocket anatomy https://www.pocketanatomy.com/apps/pocket-heart